Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Evolution Vs. Creation

According to Darwin's Theory of Evolution, humans, animals, and all other living things have evolved from living things that have lived in the past over the last several years. The reason why we see the changes in the appearance of these living things is because of natural selection. Natural selection is when a species has traits used to their advantage. For example, a polar bear has thick fur to keep it warm since it lives in the arctic regions. With these traits, the polar bear can survive the environment it lives in. But, if it didn't have these traits it would not survive. Many years ago some species might have had traits that wouldn't allow them to survive and therefore they weren't able to move on. A living organism from the species could have grown new traits that they pass on to their offspring that would allow them to live on.
Many other people may believe in Creationism. It is most common for religious people to believe in Creationism. Creationism is the belief that man and the world was made by God, or some other person with such power. People who believe in Christianity or any religion similar to that may think that God created Adam and Eve first. After creating them, it all moved on from there and soon humans and animals walked the Earth. Other religions believe something different. They have their own story.
After learning more about evolution and Creationism, I'm not sure which one I want to believe in. However, I grew up believing in Creationism. At the age where I started asking questions about life, which was around the age 5 or 6, my parents answered telling me that God had created life. So those answers remained in my head. I guess I can say I believe in a little bit of both, evolution because it's scientific and creationism because of what I grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment